Monday 9 July 2012

BALLS OF STEEL

Thanks to thousands of votes from fans and supporters, the Top 20 Manhunt Singapore finalists were finally announced on 3rd July 2012. Now as the finals fast approaches, we here at ManSA wasted no time in getting some one-to-one time with each of the finalists to help YOU, the fans and supporters who helped get them into the Top 20, to get to know them better on a more personal level, and in turn, hopefully after knowing what GREAT guys they truly are, root for them even more than before!



First up, is Contestant No. 2, 24 year old Muhammad Siddiq Bin Durimi (1.75m, 73kg), a freelance technician, who according to Beam Artist Management’s official Manhunt Singapore website “was born into a family of many children. When pressed on just how many, he actually admits that he has “lost count”.  He confesses that he had had an “interesting” childhood and is grateful that the familial bonds remain strong, and that the family is still together.”

Congratulations on making it to the Top 20 in Manhunt Singapore 2012!!! What would you like to say to your fans for their support and Facebook “Likes” that helped you make it to the finals?
I would like to thank all the support that my family, friends and not forgetting the FANS for bringing me to the top 20. I won’t be here without you all.

In this present day and age, with the gradual acceptance and integration of the GLBT (gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender) community into our society, how do you personally feel about having GLBT fans amongst your fans and supporters?
To be honest from my heart, I didn’t used to support them in the past. But through this competition, some of them have been so nice and supportive that I forget that they are GLBT and am happy to receive their support.

I’m sure your fans and supporters would definitely like to get to know you a little better on a more personal level. Can you share with us some of your favourite things?
i) What do you enjoy doing most in your spare time (and no, gym doesn’t count, ha, ha, ha…)?
Oh, actually I don’t really like to go to the gym! Ha, ha, ha… In my free time, I will play soccer, hang around with my friends, or spend time with my girlfriend.
ii) Any fave TV shows?
Hmm... Does the “Lions XII Match” count?


iii) Any fave movies?
“The Dictator”, starring Sacha Baron Cohen.



iv) What are you currently playing on your iPod/playlist?
“International Love” by Pitbull featuring Chris Brown and “Pearly Gates” by Pitbull featuring Nayer.


v) Any fave recipes or food? Would you say you’re a good cook?
My Mum’s and grandmother’s cooking. They are great cooks! Me? Cook? Maggi mee will be my best dish, ha, ha ha ...


vi) What are some of your fave hangouts? (can be pubs, clubs or any place)
My fave hangouts will be anywhere that my close friends wanna hangout, I just feel being anywhere is fun around them.

vii) Any fave gadgets? What is it about this gadget/s that appeals to you?
My iPhone, and what appeals to me most? The games!!!


viii) Could you share with us a lesser-known interesting fact about youself?
I'm a shy person at the start, but I might get annoying when I grow close to someone.

You look kinda familiar. Might we have seen you anywhere before?
Oh, you might recognize me as one of the Cleo magazine’s “50 Most Eligible Bachelors” from 2010. I also used to play for Geylang United, Home United and represented Singapore in the “Singapore Under 23” football team in the ASEAN Games that took place at Guangzhou in 2010.




What made you decide to take part in Manhunt Singapore 2012?
I never knew about this event before this, until my god sister said that her boss needed a model and when I came to Beam Artist Management, and organizer Samuel Seow manage to “psycho” me in... ha, ha, ha... (According to Beam Artist Management’s official Manhunt Singapore website, it is revealed that “Siddiq joined Manhunt this year also because he wishes to become an actor and wants to use the competition as a platform.  Since he is naturally shy, it took the prodding of his friends for him to finally take the plunge. His friends all say that he has “something special” about him – that nebulous ‘X’ factor”)

Before enrolling in this competition, what was your impression of Manhunt Singapore 2012 like? And now that you’re a finalist, has that impression changed?
I was like “I will be in Manhunt?!?! Are you people joking?!?! didn't train at all!!!” And now I’m like “Wow! Everyone's physique is so big and pumped up. Am I the one with the smallest built?!?”


You’ve received numerous compliments on Facebook, praising your well-toned physique in the Manhunt Singapore 2012 photoshoots. Were you always this hunky since young? How did you do it?
No lah, I just love sports, especially soccer. I used to train every day so that definitely helped.



There is often the impression that good looking individuals tend to shun or discriminate against others who may not be as aesthetically pleasing in looks and physique. To what extent would you agree with this statement? What is your personal stance on this issue?
Yes, there are people like that, but not in this competition. Through the course of this competition, we finalists grew quite close as friends. Being that this is after all a competition, I'm rather surprised about that happening, but am so glad it did.




On the Miss Universe and Miss World annual competitions, emphasis is often placed on promoting world peace and helping the needy who are facing issues such as hunger, poverty and sickness. If given the choice to make a difference, what social cause would you want to champion? Why?
The cause I'd like to champion would probably be for the welfare of children around the world. After all, they are the most powerless and innocent, yet still subjected to the cruelty of the real world. Maybe I could start small, say in Singapore for instance, because even though we seem to be a civilized nation, there are still some children who suffer behind closed doors.





On a closing note, were you surprised when you first learnt of this Manhunt Singapore Alumni group and were invited to join it in Facebook? How do you think the group is working out so far? Do you have any suggestion on how we can make both the alumni group as well as this blog better in time to come?
I'm shocked and also honoured to be invited to join the alumni, and I personally think that the group is doing great!


So there you have it, our very first ManSA interview. Watch this space for more to come your way as we feature the rest of the 19 finalists very very soon!!!

Photos Credit:
Beam Artistes (http://www.beam.com.sg/)
Milk Photographie (http://www.milkphotographie.com/index.php),
Marcus Mok Photography (http://www.marcusart.net/)
and Siddiq's Personal Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment